- Advertised Salary:up to £29,000
- Function:Head Office
- Job Number:4571
- Contract Type:Permanent
- Full/Part Time:Full Time
- Total Contracted Hours:39
We’re currently on an exciting journey and looking for a Procurement and Contracts Specialist to support our In-house Legal Counsel in the development of a bespoke contracts framework.
You assist central functions in the review and negotiation of draft contracts; completion of those contracts and ongoing compliance during the contract term in accordance with good procurement practice.
- To provide guidance to central functions on the preparation of tenders, requests for information/proposals/quotations and support through selection processes in the evaluation of bids. To assist in negotiating and agreeing such contracts and working with central functions to monitor their progress, embedding processes designed to check the quality of services provided.
- To support in the negotiation and agreement of terms in relation to significant contracts in conjunction with central functions and third party consultants, where appropriate; significant contracts being considered as ones which require a higher level of oversight due to risk in terms of length of term, level of monetary value or other factors, such as where a degree of independence and distance is required between the usual relationship manager and supplier. To issue tenders in these circumstances, evaluate bids, negotiate with potential suppliers and make recommendations based on technical and commercial factors in close liaison with the central functions responsible.
- To maintain and update a business wide contracts register within a contract management system, containing all pertinent contract details. To work closely with central function to ensure that updates are timely and accurate.
- To establish links with other retail co-operative societies with a view to sharing best practice and identify possible cross buying opportunities. To keep up to date with market trends and industry best practice relating to procurement.
- In conjunction with the In-house Legal Counsel, central functions and operations teams, to establish policies and processes to ensure compliance with legislation, regulatory frameworks and codes of practice relating to supply arrangements including, the Alcohol Wholesaler Registration Scheme, modern slavery and supplier payment policy rules and to advise accordingly and oversee ongoing compliance with such policies and processes.
- To provide assistance to and/or cover for other members of the Corporate Affairs department at times of annual leave, sickness or when workload requires it, so far as own commitments allow, to ensure operational needs are met.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Relevant and up to date technical and practical procurement knowledge and experience of establishing, reviewing and monitoring supply arrangements and terminating relationships, as appropriate; conducting selection processes and ensuring ongoing contractual compliance and maintaining records.
- Understanding of contract law principles; experience of drafting and identifying key legal terms, notices and letters and reviewing and negotiating agreements in a commercial context with an attention to detail.
- Commercial and financial awareness and ability to deal with and an understanding of relevant factors such as sustainability, risk management and ethical issues.
- Excellent negotiation, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, organisational and decision making skills; and the ability to multi-task.
- Self-motivation with a desire to provide excellent service proactively.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Degree or Foundation degree in logistics, supply chain management or business studies previous hands-on experience, preferably in a retail environment. A Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply qualification is desirable.
If you’re passionate and have a background working in a fast-paced environment then we would love to hear from you. In return, we will offer a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to develop your skills and grow your career.